The Rat Pack – Live From Vegas returns to the West End this Christmas, bringing the glitz, the glamour, and the smash-hits that we all know and love.
Transport yourself back to the 1960s where, at the famous Sands Hotel, Frank, Sammy, and Dean perform alongside the sensational Burrelli Sisters and The Rat Pack Big Band. With a wonderful array of seasonal classics, including Pack favourites Baby it’s Cold Outside, Let it Snow, and White Christmas, it’s an ideal festive treat for the whole family.
Final casting for this year’s Pack spectacular has been announced. From royal invitations, to approval from Sammy Davis Jr. himself, here’s everything you need to know about the new cast!
Garrett Phillips as Frank Sinatra
- Garrett is an Irish singer and actor, who’s a familiar face on both stage and screen, having starred as Dr Cathal Hennessy in five series of the popular TV drama Ros Na Rún.
- His most recent theatre credits include The Father in Blood Wedding and The King in Dr. Faustus. He also starred as Joseph in Joseph and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar.
- He is the winner of Best Male Voice at the Waterford International Festival of Light Opera.
David Hayes as Sammy Davis Jr.
- David certainly isn’t a newbie to the role: he has performed in The Rat Pack – Live from Las Vegas in the West End, around the UK, in Germany, Denmark, and across the US.
- David is also a successful comedian and emcee, and has worked with a variety of stars including George Lopez, The Temptations, The Four Tops, Herbie Hancock, and Florence Henderson.
- Sammy Davis Jr. himself saw David’s performance in Atlantic City and said: “That was the best singing impersonation of me that I’ve ever heard!”
Nigel Casey as Dean Martin
- Nigel’s career really set off with his role of Greaseball in Starlight Express, and he has since enjoyed tremendous success throughout Europe.
- Nigel starred as Billy Flynn in Chicago, Danny in Grease and Monty in Saturday Night Fever.
- Like David Hayes, he is not new to the role; he has previously played Dean Martin in the Rat Pack – Live from Las Vegas at the Savoy Theatre and in various states across America.
- He has written and produced his very own album called “Forever’s A Long Time” which has achieved huge success in Germany.
Matthew Freeman as Musical Director of the Rat Pack Big Band
- Matthew is a platinum and gold disc award-winning conductor, arranger and pianist who enjoys a diverse international career.
- He conducted and arranged IQ Magazine’s award-winning ABBA The Show, which has played in 38 countries and at London’s Wembley Arena.
- In 2015, he conducted the BBC’s Planet Earth Live in Germany and Austria. He will also be conducting the new BBC Planet Earth 2 across Europe in 2018.
- Matthew has conducted and arranged over 50 albums, including Larry Adler, Dame Shirley Bassey, Vic Damone, Ruthie Henshall, David Soul and many more.
- He also received an invitation to arrange and conduct Decca’s celebration of the Queen Mother’s 100th birthday!
Now’s your chance to hang with the coolest pack in town! The Rat Pack – Live From Vegas plays at the Theatre Royal Haymarket from 13 December until 3 February.