Think you know all your favourite musicals inside and out? Have you listened to the soundtrack enough times to play any character in the show? Then this quiz is for you!
See if you can name these 15 musicals from just the first line of the show. We’ve tried to pick ones that aren’t too obvious:
- Sold. Your number, sir?
- Good news, she’s dead!
- On the 21st day of the month of September, in an early year of a decade not too long before our own, the human race suddenly encountered a deadly threat to its very existence.
- Freddy, go and find a cab.
- My mummy says I’m a miracle!
- We begin on Christmas Eve with me, Mark, and my roommate, Roger.
- Wind’s in the east, there’s a mist coming in, like something is brewing, and ’bout to begin.
- Is it worth the waiting for?
- My Sainted Mother! The carriage has stopped!
- Are you blind when you’re born?
- Some folks dream of the wonders they’ll do before their time on this planet is through.
- In 1902, Father built a house at the crest of Broadview Avenue Hill in New Rochelle, New York.
- Each game of chess means there’s one less variation left to be played.
- How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence, impoverished, in squalor, grow up to be a hero and a scholar?
- Nants ingonyama bagithi baba.
(We included that last one just to be nice.)
Want to see how many you got right? Head over to our answer page!