So, you think you’re a Shakespeare expert? You may know every big monologue, every little joke, and every famous line in the Bard’s canon. But do you know every stage direction?
Try matching these stage directions with the Shakespeare play they appear in, and discover if you’re really a Shakespeare know-it-all.
- Antony and Cleopatra
- The Merchant of Venice
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- The Tempest
- The Winter’s Tale
- The Merry Wives of Windsor
- Romeo and Juliet
- Exit, pursued by a bear
- He stifles her
- Falls on ROMEO’s body, and dies
- Thunder and lightning. Enter three Witches
- Opening the leaden casket
- Gets into the basket; they cover him with foul linen
- The cock crows
- Re-enter PUCK, and BOTTOM with an ass’s head
- On a ship at sea: a tempestuous noise of thunder and lightning heard
- To an asp, which she applies to her breast
Ready to find out how many you got right? Screw your courage to the sticking place and head over to our answers page.